Welcome to Erin's Virtual Seedy Saturday 2021 !!
Please browse the products of the local vendors supplying seeds, garden supplies, maple syrup, rain barrels and turtle signs. Please purchase through the links, and your product will be brought to Erin for you (no shipping charge) to pick up on March 6th. Please order before March 4th to give order filling time.
1. Seed Saving Basics (Dan Rubin) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr7AB9kctXQ
2. Seed Starting (Dan Rubin) - https://youtu.be/2mgKiMdnxnE
3. Food Systems and Climate Change (Amanda Smith) - https://youtu.be/ZFmTr-zU65c
4. Cultivation and Processing of Medicinal Herbs (Lauren Bosch) https://youtu.be/prQyQ8NQb5w
5. Fresh Ways with Balcony Gardening (Lara Lucretia Mrosovsky)https://youtu.be/tLZ4XWDOUtM
Click the links to watch Seedy Saturday fantastic free presentations compliments of Seeds of Diversity, Thank you!!!
6. Introduction to Seeds of Diversity and Seedy Saturdays https://youtu.be/uZPPGH_5umk
7. Sourcing Local Seeds - https://youtu.be/ZzvNcgMsAXo
8. Germination Testing (Kim Delaney) - https://youtu.be/VRTUkA7Z_GE
9. Intermediate to Advanced Seed Saving (Bob Wildfong) - https://youtu.be/qKcww97VmtA (NOTE: Q&A begins at 48:09)
10. Growing School Gardens (Allison Eady) - https://youtu.be/Cncpt1UBSbE
Please browse the available seeds of the library on the inventory tab (above) and place an order by e-mailing Jen at ErinSeedLibrary@gmail.com.
All products will be available for pick up in drive through style at the Erin United Church/McMillan Park parking lot, 115 Main Street Erin, between 11am and 3 pm on Saturday March 6th
11. Heritage Flower Gardens c.1900-1920 (Bob Wildfong) - https://youtu.be/gQQ-D_cUsLY
12. Reclaiming Biodiversity for Pollinator Protection (Michele Smith) - https://youtu.be/rAOh8hS9vkI
Arthur Greenhouses is a small family run nursery located east of Arthur. We grow bedding plants, herbs, hanging baskets, planters, perennials, (fruit) shrubs and (fruit) trees in our 3 greenhouses and outside. Every year we repack flower/ herb / vegetable seeds in smaller bags ideal for the home grower. It is the same seed that we use in our nursery and in the vegetable field.
Thank you Joanna and Patrick
Their order form and catalogue are below. You can view the catalogue right here, but you will need to download the order form and e-mail it.
The Saturday Seed Co. is a really small seed company in Guelph. I specialize in open-pollinated, organic, untreated and non-gmo Vegetable, Herb and Flowers seeds for discerning growers locally and nationally.
Thank you, Matthew Forbes
Inventory is on his website. Note pick up location as Erin Seedy Saturday for no shipping costs
Backyard Seed Savers is a local Guelph business
offering rare, organic garden seeds, seed gifts, and sustainable landscaping services. Our garden seeds are all grown and processed by
hand--with love--in backyards and community gardens. Beyond seeds, we want you to have the garden of your dreams. We offer consulting,
installation and maintenance of gardens, as well landscaping, including edible landscapes and farmscape services.
Thanks a million, Emily and Erik
Inventory is on website. Email after to change to Pick up at Erin SS and have shipping reversed.
The Town of Erin Environment and Sustainability Advisory Committee
is selling rain barrels for $60 and turtle crossing signs for $5
To order, please email Jay at:
And then you can pick them up at McMillan on March 6th.
Thank you very much
Lending Is The New Spending
The Guelph Tool Library is a lending library of tools. With an annual membership of $60/year have access to a wide variety of tools for renovation, gardening, hobbies and crafts and much more!
You can borrow up to 10 tools at a time for a period of one week.
They are open and now located in Old Quebec Street Shoppes, 55 Wyndham St N in Unit T8 on the main level.
Lots of info and tool inventory at https://guelphtoollibrary.org/
Info at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (519) 836-7909
The Erin Garden Club is a service group of volunteers in the town of Erin, Ontario. We hope you enjoy all we have to offer: speakers, workshops, field trips, plant sale, garden tours, flower shows, socials and more.
You can etransfer Jenny at email@example.com
or call Jackie at 519 833 8531 to join.
The Hillsburgh Garden Club offers great speakers - Shaun Booth "In Our Nature", Lloyd Brown ISA Certified Arbourist
Workshops - virtual
Plant Sale - Facebook
Garden Tours - members property
Contact Paula Henley firstname.lastname@example.org or Connie Bienia email@example.com if interested in joining our active Club/Society. All are welcome!
Membership Prices for the Hillsburgh Garden Club:
This might be easier with video instructions
Downloadable Colouring Pages
|File Size:||68 kb|
|File Size:||214 kb|
|File Size:||87 kb|